Height: 6 ft 2 in
College: Temple University
Team(s): Chicago Sky, Phoenix Mercury
Candice Dupree, born August 16, 1984, and currently plays for the Phoenix Mercury. Candice grew up in Tampa Bay, Florida. She played basketball and volleyball at Paul R. Wharton High School and has two sisters; one is her twin, while the other is several years younger. Dupree played basketball at Temple University from 2002 to 2006. She won numerous awards and accolades as a college basketball player, drawing comparisons to the NBA's Tim Duncan.
College Career - Temple
- Graduated from Temple University, where she played for WNBA great Dawn Staley. The two later became the only coach-player duo to compete against each other in the WNBA in 2006
- As a senior, played in every game for the Owls, averaging 17.4 points and 8.0 rebounds
- In 2006, was nominated for pre-season John R. Wooden Award and pre-season WBCA/State Farm Wade Trophy
- In 2005, was named AP All-American Honorable Mention, Atlantic 10 Player of the Year and Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year
- Two-Time Most Outstanding Player in the Atlantic 10 Tournament (2004, 2005)
- Three-time WNBA All-Star (2009, 2007, 2006)
- Has appeared in all 34 games in five of her seven seasons
- Has started all but four games she has played in, including all 34 in four of the last five seasons.
- Started 151 consecutive games from Aug. 5, 2007-June 17, 2012, ninth longest streak in WNBA history.
- Started 77 consecutive games in a Mercury uniform (May 15, 2010-June 17, 2012), fifth-longest streak in franchise history (105-Jennifer Gillom)
- Holds Mercury franchise record for highest field goal percentage in a season (.664, 2010), which is the second-best performance in league history
- Holds Mercury franchise record for most field goals made in a game without a miss (9; June 12, 2010)… Made 14 consecutive field goals from June 10-12, 2010, tying the second-best performance in WNBA history.
- Owns 21 double-digit rebound games in a Mercury uniform, second-most in franchise history (Bonner–23)
- Holds three of the top four single-game rebounding performances in franchise history, including a franchise-record 19 rebounds on Sept. 3, 2011
- Owns 21 career 20-point, 10-rebound performances and seven with the Mercury, third-most in franchise history (Bonner-10, Jennifer Gillom-8)
- Owns 48 career double-doubles, including a franchise record 20 in a Mercury uniform
- Recorded a single-season franchise record 10 double-doubles in 2011, including a franchise record four consecutive from June 10-21
- Owns franchise record for highest field goal percentage in a Mercury career (.584)
- Made 32 consecutive free throws from July 24, 2010-June 10, 2011, tying the fourth longest streak in franchise history
- A four-time Western Conference Player of the Week
- WNBA All-Rookie Team (2006)
- Signed a multi-year contract extension on Sept. 21, 2013
- Was acquired from Chicago on March 30, 2010 in a three-team trade that sent Cappie Pondexter and Kelly Mazzante to New York
- Originally selected sixth overall (first round) by the Chicago Sky in the 2006 WNBA Draft… Was the first draft pick in Chicago franchise history
Shooting Stars NBA
Dupree, along with then-Chicago Bulls guard Ben Gordon and ex-Bulls star Scottie Pippen, participated in the Shooting Stars competition at the 2007 NBA All-Star Game Weekend. In 2008, Dupree again represented Chicago at the Shooting Stars competition, along with Chris Duhon and B.J. Armstrong.
Europe and International Play
- Spent half of the 2014-15 season playing for
- Spent the 2012-13 offseason playing for Spartak M VR in Moscow, Russia, averaging 14.6 points and 6.6 rebounds in Euroleague play
- Spent 2010-11 playing for Good Angels in Kosice, Slovakia
- Averaged a double-double in 2011 Euroleague play with 15.4 points (17th best in Euroleague) and 10.2 rebounds (third best)
- Spent 2009-10 playing for Good Angels in Kosice, Slovakia. She ranked first in all of Euroleague in rebounding (11.0 rpg) and third in scoring (18.9 ppg)
- Three-time Euroleague Women All-Star (2011, 2010, 2009) and starter in 2010 and 2011. In 2010, started alongside Mercury teammate Diana Taurasi, posting 11 points and a game-high nine rebounds
- Spent 2008-09 offseason playing for Wisla Can-Pack in Krakow, Poland
- Spent 2007-08 offseason playing for Wisla Can-Pack in Krakow, Poland
- 2005 World University Games Team
- 2010 World Championships
- 2014 World Championships
Awards and Achievements
- Member of the Atlantic 10 All-Rookie Team in 2003 and second team in 2004.
- Named Atlantic 10 and Philadelphia Big Five Player of the Year in 2005.
- Named the 2005 Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year.
- Named 2005 Associated Press All-American Honorable Mention.
- Member of the 2005 Atlantic 10 first team and two-time Big Five first team selection in 2004 and 2005.
- Named Atlantic 10 and Philadelphia Big Five Player of the Year in 2006.
- Named the 2006 Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year.
- Named to 2006 Associated Press All-American Third Team.
- Selected for Atlantic 10 All-Defensive Team in 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Named MVP of the Atlantic 10 Tournament in 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Named Philadelphia-area Player of the Decade by Philadelphia Inquirer in 2010.
- 2006, 2007, and 2009 WNBA All-Star Selection.
- 2010 World Championship Gold Medalist
- 2014 World Championship Gold Medalist
- 2014 WNBA Championship